The Monitoring and Evaluation Programme aims to strengthen performance and accountability by continuously monitoring and reviewing programmes and activities to ensure that they remain relevant, have impact and add value to the work of Member States. The programme objective are:-
- To assist in reviewing the implementation of the ECSA Business and Strategic Plan including Annual Work Plans
- To establish and maintain systems focusing on internal M&E (monitoring the performance within the Secretariat, along with internal capacity building) and external M&E ( monitoring of implementation of resolutions, recommendations, policies and programmes amongst Member States)
- To guide the development of standardized M&E tools, methods and the execution of surveys and assessments amongst Member States
- To strengthen expert knowledge and use of M&E tools and methods amongst member states
- To document and disseminate best practices in M&E.