This programme seeks to contribute to improved nutritional status of the people of ECSA. The programme objectives are:-
- To collaborate with member states and other stakeholders to develop food and nutrition security regional strategy in line with that of the AU
- To collaborate with member states, AU, WHO and relevant private sector to develop integrated and comprehensive NCDs strategy
- To strengthen partnerships between member states and private sector in accelerating food fortification
- To advocate for the integration of high impact evidence based nutrition action in existing maternal, neonatal and child health programmes in member states
- To develop/update member states Nutrition PROFILES tool that reflects the magnitude on malnutrition status and use it to advocate for appropriate interventions
- To conduct assessments on magnitude of road traffic accidents morbidity and mortality in member states.